Manual Installation Guide
Manual Installation Guide
Files & Directories in Download Package
In the downloaded Zip file, you will find below files & folders:
- Source – a folder containing all the required files you need to deploy on to the server.
- cred.txt - a file containing admin email & password which you can change later.
- activepro.sql - a file containing database structure & initial data to get started.
- Setup-Guide.pdf – an Instruction manual for setup store (This Document).
- Quick-Start-Guide.pdf - Basic Store introduction.
- Technical-Guide.pdf – Technical information may help for further customizations.
- Upgrade-Guides (if any) – Contains the instructions & SQL files for updating from the previous versions.
Now you need to copy all the source folder files to your web server where you want it to access / host.
Follow the below steps to setup database.
- Create a Database using your choice for the demonstration purposes I used phpmyadmin if you are doing it on Shared Hosting database creation method may vary you may also need to create & assign user to it.
- Once database is created, say activepro
- Then you need to click on activepro database from left sidebar
- go to the phpMyAdmin and click on SQL tab.
- Open activepro.sql in any text editor
- Copy the content of this file
- Paste copied content in to above selected SQL tab.
Or you can import this file.
And click on Go button
- If everything goes fine, there should not be any errors & your database setup is now completed.
Configure & Setup files
Now go to Source folder & open .env file in to text/code editor.
- It’s not mandatory to setup APP_KEY but for better security to use new key, you can generate 32-bit key using http://passwordsgenerator.net
- Now you need assign values for Database Configuration values so the application can connect to database.
- DB_HOST - your database host in most cases its localhost
- DB_DATABASE - your database name.
- DB_USERNAME - your database username.
- DB_PASSWORD - your database password.
- Mail configuration can be done using the settings under this head. More information https://laravel.com/docs/5.8/mail
Now save this file
If everything goes fine you are now ready to deploy it now you need to copy all the source folder files to your web server. where you want it to access / host.
If you done above steps carefully and for example If you placed this in root of your domain, and configured your server to point webroot to public folder then you should access following page by pointing your browsers address bar to http://yourdomain.com or you need to access it like http://yourdomain.com/public
Please DO NOT FORGOT to DELETE public/install.php & public/__install folders ones everything is done.