Package Content & Setup
Files & Directories in Download Package
In the downloaded Zip file, you will find below files & folders:
- Source – a folder containing all the required files you need to deploy on to the server.
- cred.txt - a file containing admin email & password which you can change later.
- schema-data.sql - a file containing database structure & initial data to get started.
- Setup-Guide.pdf – an Instruction manual for setup your site.
- Installation-Guide.pdf -an Instruction manual for installation (This Document).
- Technical-Guide.pdf – Technical information may help for further customizations.
Now you need to copy all the source folder files to your web server where you want it to access / host.
Please note your public folder will be your document root.
Follow the below steps to setup database.
- Create a database using your choice of tool for the demonstration purposes we have used phpmyadmin if you are doing it on shared hosting database creation method may vary you may also need to create & assign user to it.
- Once database is created, say sample_database
- Then you need to click on sample_databasedatabase from left sidebar
- go to the phpMyAdminand click on SQL tab.
- Open schema-data.sqlin any text editor
- Copy the content of the file& paste it into selected SQLtab OR import it.
Or you can import this file.
and click on go button, to execute the queries.
- If everything goes fine, there should not be any errors & your database setup is now completed.
Configure & Setup files
Now go to Source folder & open .envfile in to text/code editor.
- Default APP_KEY provided works fine but if you want to change you can do it using Laravel Artisan command.
- Now you need assign values for Database Configuration so the application can connect to database.
- DB_HOST - your database host in most cases its localhost
- DB_DATABASE - your database name.
- DB_USERNAME - your database username.
- DB_PASSWORD - your database password.
Mail configuration can be done using the settings under this head. More information https://laravel.com/docs/10.x/mail
If everything goes fine you are now ready to deploy.Now you need to copy all the source folder files to your web server, where you want it to access / host.
If you done above steps carefully and for example If you placed this in the root of your domain, and configure your serverto point webroot to public folder then you should access by pointing your browsers address bar to http://yourdomain.com or you need to access it like http://yourdomain.com/public
Note:If you are on shared hosting and unable to point your server domain to the public folder and you want to remove public from your URL, please see FAQ section of technical guide.
If some problem occurs,please change APP_DEBUGmode to true in .envfile so you can see the errors.